Friday, November 15, 2013

Site News + Jo's Advent Blog Hop!


Sorry for the delay in posting recently, it's been very busy :) Unfortunately, I've fallen behind in my blog reading and e-mail again and that, coupled with the fact that most of the news last month was about Hallowe'en which has passed, I've decided not to do an October edition of Stitchy News. I'm very sorry for any disappointment!

Also, since Christmas is a very busy time for most stitchers, I've decided to do a very special double Holiday Edition for November and December, to be published in late November! There's so many wonderful craft ideas out there, and I'll be looking for gift ideas myself :) If you have any items to submit, please e-mail me (>>>)!

In other blog news, I've *finally* gotten a page up for all the information about the ES SAL - see my top header (^^^), under "ES SAL" (creative, I know). Many thanks again to the wonderful SAL Participants for their enthusiasm and support!!! Over the next few weeks I hope to add another page with links to make finding things easier.

And finally, some Very Exciting News - I had so much fun with Jo's Hallowe'en Blog Hop that I've joined her Annual Advent Calendar Hop this year!!! Sign Up is now ongoing, so head on over to Serendipitous Stitching to join in too :) I hope you do!

Each person who enters gets a "door" on a given date, and on their day they "open house" to the blogosphere with a special post showing off some festive stitching!

This is the first time I've ever been involved in anything like this, and I'm really looking forward to it. When a was child, I always had a chocolate Advent Calendar, but we all know that stitching is the best thing in the world next to chocolate ;) LOL!

I haven't decided what stitching I'm going to show yet. There are a few ornaments that I'd really like to get final-finished this year, but this afternoon I pulled out my Christmas stitching magazines and happily started thinking about some new starts ;P

Thanks for your patience, and hope to see you at the Advent Hop :)

5 comments:

Zeb said...

Hey don't fret. Life gets the better of all of us from time to time :)

And I've signed up to the advent calendar as well, and will not go check out your SAL too!

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Thanks so much Zeb :) That's very true! I'm so happy that you've joined the Hop too, I'm looking forward to seeing your stitching!

Sorry about the SAL confusion ;)

Karen said...

Have fun with the blog hop!!

I look forward to your Nov/Dec edition of Stitchy News! :)

Stitching Noni said...

I know how you feel - October flew by and now November is disappearing around the corner just as fast.
I am slowly catching up on my blog reading today... but haven't managed to post much myself over the last few months. As for stitching... well that's another story!
Maybe 2014 will go slower and we can all catch our breath a bit! :o)
hugs x

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Sorry for the delay in replying, thanks so much for the lovely comments ladies!