Sunday, March 23, 2014

SFS Month #3: New Season, No Stash!


Wow, wherever does the time go? I can't believe that it's already time for my next SFS check-in, let alone past the First of Spring! Well, officially at least. We had a light dusting of snow this morning, and a big storm is coming soon. Not unusual here, but not very pretty. There's BIG heaps of old dirty ice everywhere and I'm happy that some new snow is coming to cover that ugly mess up until it finally decides to melt :)


Unfortunately, I don't have any stitching to show today! Due to my computer issues last month, I missed the second month in the Just Nan SAL, but I did have most of the stitching done and will hopefully get the photos up for this check-in ;)

As for the carousel horse I mentioned in my last SFS report, I'm not sure when I'll be starting. I did do some measuring, and Summer is too big for my Q-Snaps. But I do have a lovely wooden scroll frame that was a gift from my Groovy Grandparents several years ago, and while I think it might *just* fit, it's a little heavy to hold.

So I need to do some more experimenting! In the meantime, I'd like to start a small stitchy project for Spring, and possibly a vintage-inspired embroidery for Easter. I've never actually stitched anything for Easter, and I'd like to do a little bunny if I can find the right pattern. It's a perfect chance to finally use some of my special stash threads, and I'm greatly looking forward to Stash Diving and Dreaming LOL :)

Here's my SFS Spending for this month: $0.00!!!! Zilch, zip - ZERO! I was beginning to be afraid that it wouldn't happen for me! ;) That means I can bank the full $25 allowance this month with the $15.09 I had from last month, for a grand total of $40.09 banked, which will surely come in handy in the future.

Although Spring is a long way off from being "sprung" here yet, I've been trying to catch up on my blog reading and have really enjoyed seeing the beautiful seasonal bulbs and garden plants in warmer climes. So I'll leave you with a photo of Violetta, my rather unimaginatively named African Violet. She was a gift from my Grandma two years ago, and recently bloomed beautifully and fully for the very first time:


She's currently resting and recuperating after being repotted, LOL, but as she grows ever stronger, I hope Violetta will have some new flowers to show off soon ;)

7 comments:

Meari said...

Congrats on zero SFS!

Sheila said...

Congrats on your SFS report!

stitchersanon said...

Wow, the African violet brings lots of happy memories. My grandmother used to have loads of them but I havent seen any around for years. A lovely photo. Congrats on the SSF

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

I love African Violets and yours is a beautiful colour.Congratulations on your SFS this month

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the zero spend, your totaliser is adding up nicely!

Unknown said...

well done on the zero spend! I think I would fail this challenge miserably :D

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Thank you all for the lovely comments and the SFS encouragement! I've never been a big spender, but I'm finding it harder than I thought to resist Spontaneous Stashing, LOL :)

@ Stitchersanon & Lesley - I'm so happy to learn that there are other African Violet fanciers out there! On Flickr I've discovered two groups devoted to them that well worth browsing: MyViolets and Saintpaulias. There are also all kinds of exotics in the Flickr's Best African Violets group. I don't think you have to have an account to look at the pictures. I had no idea such that they came is so many different colours and shapes! And I'm so glad to see that these lovely little houseplants seem to be making a comeback :)