Thursday, March 31, 2011

***Technical Difficulties***

I am very sorry to report that Eglantine Stitchery will be going on a completely unplanned hiatus for the time being, as my modem has died and gone to the great Junk Heap in the Sky. And, unfortunately, the soonest that a replacement will be issued is in the entirely unhelpful "3-5 business days" standard, which - as it is nearing the weekend - means not until sometime next week, in a best-case scenario, and possibly longer. Argh! 

Technology. Constantly making all our lives easier *rolls eyes*.

So - no e-mail, no posting, and I won't be able to follow the latest blog news. I think I might suffer from withdrawal :) NOTE: For the time being, as a precaution, I have enabled word verification on the comments. I know it's a pain, and I apologize for that, but I'm just trying to keep the spam to a minimum, since I won't be able to monitor the blog regularly.

On a happier note, I have just started on a very exciting (for me, at least) new stitching project, and so I will have lots of photos and news to share whenever I am able to get back online. Which will hopefully be sooner rather than later.

Thanks very much, in advance, for your patience in this matter.

I wish everyone very happy stitching, and a wonderful weekend! :)

4 comments:

CrazyStitcher said...

I hope for your sake that your new modem will arrive sooner, rather than later.

I'm like a bear with a sore head if I'm unable to get online for any reason, as I rely on it so much (perhaps a little too much). Therefore, you have my sympathies.

I'm feeling incredibly curious about this new project you've started on. Fingers crossed that it won't be too long before you can get back online, as the suspense is too much for me. Lol. Seriously, I am intrigued. :-) x

Karen said...

That's horrible news! I can't believe it takes 3-5 business days to get a new modem! No Internet makes for a cranky Karen.

Can't wait to see your new project!

Wyrdbyrd said...

You have my sympathy. I hope you're enjoying your down-time. Spring is a good time to lose the 'puter. So many pretty things popping out of the ground...

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Wow! Thank you all for your empathetic stitchy wishes! I really appreciate all the good thoughts!

Crazy Stitcher: It did come sooner! Much sooner! So yay! And also, this little break has taught me an important thing: I am officially an Internet addict. Oh, I knew I was a bit overly fond, but I didn't know I'd turn into a raving maniac at not being able to check in with my favourite stitchy blogs (including yours)! So, lesson learned.

Thanks so much for your interest :) All will be revealed very soon, lol, I promise! I hope you like it :P

Karen: You're telling me! Coincidentally, I now know that no Internet makes for a very cranky Aurelia too :) Thanks very much for your interest in the new project!

Jeanne: You're totally right. Spring is a very good time to get outside more and enjoy all the new pretty flowers and green growing things. Unfortunately, the poor little shoots and seeds are still stuck in frozen ground here, muffled by all the snow. I hope they'll be poking their heads up soon though :) And I did get quite a bit of stitching done during my forced break, so it hasn't been all bad. I appreciate your positive attitude a lot :) It's very helpful to look on the brighter side of things more often!